Dressmaking for Beginners & Intermediate - 5 week block Tracey Symonds - September - 10.30 till 12.30
1 in Stock
1 in Stock
Join us for a superb social DRESSMAKING 5 week Block with Tracey from Polka Dot Designs, The Great British Sewing Bee & a new guest demonstrator on the Sewing Quarter.
You will learn so much information in Tracey's sessions, her knowledge is superb
The dressmakers sessions will only be 6 people max per session
- The 1st week we will take accurate measurements, discuss patterns, search through patterns or bring one you have had that you have not got round to making.
- look at fabric choices and discuss where to get them
- Cut a Toile out of Calico (draft version )
- Cut out your chosen pattern in the size you need.
- Adjust the pattern
- Make the garment
- Learn Darts, Darts , Tailor Tacks
- Discuss Scissors v Rotary Cutter
From that week on you will start working on your own individual garments with Tracey's help and guidance
The Block is £95 per block , This is 2 hours per week, 12hours in total
Thursday 12th September
Thursday 19th September
Thursday 26th September
Thursday 3rd October
Thursday 10th October
Sewing Machine, Overlockers & Cover Stitch Machines can be rented for £1 each per session
(Terms and conditions apply for workshop )
Workshops must be paid in full before the event.
Cancellations 2 weeks prior to the event can be refunded.
If cancelled within the 2 weeks and we can find a replacement to amount of the workshop can be refunded.
If cancelled within 2 weeks of the workshop and no replacement can be found no refund can be given due to having to pay the tutors.