Mrs H - The Ring Sling - Bag PatternRegular price £12.00 Sale price £7.00 Save £5.00
- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Packed with pockets
- Great beginner bag sewing pattern
- Uses very little stabiliser
Mrs H designed The Ring Sling as her perfect everyday bag. This bag is the ideal size to sit on your hip or under your arm, depending on whether you prefer a cross-body or shoulder bag. And, with four outer pockets as well as a slip pocket and zipped pocket inside the bag, it can carry a surprising amount!
The Ring Sling bag is cleverly constructed to reduce cutting time and maximise stability. Through the off-set seams the bag has stability with very little stabiliser needed. In fact, if you're using faux leather, you may wish to omit the stabiliser altogether!
This bag sewing pattern works best with non-directional fabrics, due to the off-set seams. The outer seams are in the centre front with the lining seams on each side edge.
The Ring Sling is classified as a beginner bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers, including beginner bagmakers.
The Ring Sling sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper sewing pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces.
What difficulty is this bag sewing pattern?
The Ring Sling bag is great for beginner bagmakers and is a great satisfying sew.
How big is the finished bag?
The Ring Sling bag has finished dimensions of 12" x 10" x 5" (30.5cm x 25.5cm x 12.5cm).
What fabrics did you use?
I used "Sweet Dreams" by Anna Maria paired with pale green canvas.
What materials do I need?
- 1 yd (0.9m) Outer - Non directional is best
- 1/2 yd (0.5m) Pocket Contrast - Non directional is best
- 1 yd (0.9m) Lining
- 3 yd (2.75m) Medium weight interfacing (40" or 90cm wide)
- 3/4 yd (0.7m) Fusible Fleece
- (1) x 12" (30.5cm) #5 zip for the top (If using continuous zip use 16" (40.6cm) of tape)
- (1) x 10" (25.5cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket or use longer and cut to size
- (2) x 1 1/2" (3.8cm) Round 'O' rings
- (1) x 1" (2.5cm) Triglide buckle
- (1) x Metal Zip End
- (6) x 9mm x 8mm double cap rivets (Optional)
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot
- Fray Check
- Pressing Cloth
- Pinking Shears