The Squiffy Sling Bag Paper PatternRegular price £10.00 Save £-10.00
- Finished dimensions of approximately: Small - 8" x 9" x 3" (20cm x 23cm x 8cm); Large - 10" x 11" x 4" (25cm x 28cm x 10cm)
- One pattern piece for the outer and for the lining
- Instructions for a zip pocket and slip pocket
- Fully lined cross-body strap
The Squiffy Sling pattern can be made in two sizes. The smaller version is a petite 8" x 9" x 3" (20cm x 23cm x 8cm) and makes a perfect purse for shopping or days out. If you like to carry a little more in your everyday bag, the larger version is 10" x 11" x 4" (25cm x 28cm x 10cm).
The Squiffy Sling is a great beginner sew. With fun asymmetrical styling but just one pattern piece for outer and lining, it's a quickie! This is a great pattern for showing off your interesting fabrics. Use a solid fabric in a bold colour to contrast with your faux leather base overlay, or use a fun design to really make the shape of the bag pop.
The pattern includes instructions on using a half moon magnetic snap, creating a fully lined cross body strap and adding both zip and slip pockets. There's also placement markings for using a different fastener on the pattern piece.
The Squiffy Sling paper pattern is an A5 booklet featuring comprehensive instructions, printed pattern pieces, and colour photographs.
What materials do I need?
Small Squiffy Sling Bag:
- 1/2 yd outer fabric
- 1/2 yd lining fabric
- 1/4yd faux leather (52" wide)
- 1/2yd medium weight fusible (based on 90cm wide, narrower will need more)
- 22" x 19" foam stabiliser
Large Squiffy Sling Bag:
- 3/4 yd outer fabric
- 3/4 yd lining fabric
- 1/2 yd faux leather (52" wide)
- 1 yd medium weight fusible (based on 90cm wide, narrower will need more)
- 28" x 26" foam stabiliser